High Needs Support
Heart of Worcestershire College is committed to ensuing all learners across all curriculum areas and programmes of learning with SEND are supported according to their needs. Our aim is to facilitate learners’ progress and achievement in all areas of development and prepare them for adulthood and their next steps. This could include:
Access to additional support through Personal Tutors (PTs) and Personal Learning Coaches (PLCs) or in certain cases a Learning Support Assistant (LSA).
We will work with the Local Authority (LA) to support young people make the transition into college as well as towards their next steps.
Before you start College
We offer advice and guidance for students with support needs who are making the move into further education. This may include:
- Liaising with the local authority if you have an Education, Health, Care Plan to ensure we can meet your needs on a vocational course
- Attending high school annual EHCP reviews prior to application
- A tour of a specific college campus where studying will take place, including general college facilities
- Additional transition visits if needed
- Carrying out a variety of assessments to see how we can meet your support needs with referrals to other specialists within the College if needed
- Liaison with external agencies where appropriate
- Support at interviews within your chosen curriculum area and during early enrolment for your course
In the event that your preferred course is not suitable for you, we will work closely with you and your parent(s)/guardian(s) to look at other suitable possibilities and opportunities that are available
Liaison with the Local Authority.
Liaison with your current provider.
Where possible we will attend annual EHCP reviews.
Arrange taster/transition days/visits.
Where appropriate liaise with parents/carers and other professionals.
Meet the team
If you would like further information, please contact the cross college High Needs Team below or email email@example.com