Diploma in Personal Training, Level 3
This qualification is suitable for learners holding a Level 2 qualification in Gym/Fitness Instruction or equivalent who wish to progress in a career as a professional Personal Trainer on an employed or self-employed basis. This qualification is mapped directly to The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) professional standards for a Personal Trainer.
The course will be led by highly qualified tutors who will provide you with all of resources and support needed to pass. Throughout the course you will have the opportunity to learn how to apply both anatomy and physiology and nutritional knowledge to training, how to design bespoke exercise programmes for a variety of clients and how to instruct a range of customised exercise sessions effectively.
Please note that the duration of this course is 22 weeks.
Learners should hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness/Gym instructing or equivalent. The qualification is aimed at learners aged 16 and over.
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Promoting Wellness Through Client Motivation and Interaction
- Bespoke Exercise Programme Design
- Customised Exercise Programme Instruction and Communication Techniques
- Nutrition to Support Physical Activity
- Business Acumen for a Successful Personal Training Practice
How will I be assessed?
- Multiple choice theory exam papers for the Anatomy & Nutrition units
- Assessment workbooks
- Completion of a Personal training showcase portfolio (written and observation elements)
- On course practical planning, delivery and evaluation of personal training sessions
- Observation of delivery of personal training sessions
What can I do next
This course will give you all the tools needed to work in the industry either as an employed or self-employed personal trainer.