Diploma in Sports Massage, Level 3
This qualification is for those who wish to progress in a career as a Sports Massage Therapist on an employed or self-employed basis. This qualification is mapped directly to the National Occupational Standards regarding planning, applying and evaluating complex massage an soft tissue methods to prevent and manage injury.
The course will be led by highly qualified tutors who will provide you with all of the resources and support needed to pass. Throughout the course you will have the opportunity to learn how to apply anatomy and physiology knowledge and principles of health to massage treatments and how to provide pre-, post- and inter-event maintenance and restorative massage techniques.
Please note the course is 22 weeks.
• Be fit enough to perform sports massage
• Have good levels of maths and English
• Have skills in communication pitched at Level 3 and above.
• Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Massage
• Principles of Health and Fitness
• Understand the Principles of Soft Tissue Dysfunction
• Professional Practice in Sports Massage
• Sports Massage Treatments
How will I be assessed?
• Multiple choice theory exam paper for the anatomy unit
• Assessment workbooks
• Short answer papers and worksheets for theory knowledge
• Completion of client assessments, application of sports massage therapy treatments and evaluations
What can I do next
This course will help you to obtain insurance to work as a sports massage therapist within sports massage therapy/osteopathic clinics and sports/fitness venues and can provide learners with eligibility to register with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) as a massage therapist or progress to a Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy.