HND in Business Management, Level 5
Please note there may be additional charges within the course for textbooks, trips, registration and assignment fees.
This globally recognised level 5 vocational qualification covers all the essential subject areas required to become successful in business and management.
As well as a sound understanding of the theory, you will develop leadership potential, employability skills, personal attributes and professional behaviours that are needed in the modern business environment.
One day of taught sessions per week, culminating in written assignments for each module. In addition, approximately 10 hours per week personal study is required which is supported by Pearson approved online resources. Support sessions and tutorials will also be available.
If you have recently been in education you require at least one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in business (or related subject area)
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one subject
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate
- Other equivalent level 3 qualifications (including international equivalents)
In addition, you must have achieved at least 4 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above including English (equivalent qualifications accepted). If your first language is not English, you must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language at a minimum level of CEFR level B2/PTE 51/IELTS 5.5 (reading and writing must be at 5.5) or equivalent standards.
Mature applicants (over 21 years) may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience (paid and/or unpaid) and/ or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing and Process Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting Principles
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Research Project
- Organisational Behaviour
- Resource and Talent Planning
- Employee Relations
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Global Business Management
- Pitching and Negotiation
NB. Units are subject to change.
How will I be assessed?
We adopt a diverse approach to assessment that offers:
- Assessments relevant to our students’ employment situations
- Supports progression to final year degree course studies
- Accommodates and enhances different learning styles
The course is continually assessed via a variety of assessment methods including:
- Case studies
What can I do next
Most HND Business Management graduates progress directly to the BA (Hons) Business Management top-up degree course; which is delivered at a variety of universities. The qualification is also recognised by other Higher Education providers as meeting admission requirements to many relevant business-related courses, for example: BSc (Hons) in Business and Management; BA/BSc (Hons) in Business Studies. Alternatively, you could further develop your career in business, management or related professional occupations.