What is work experience?
Work experience is a brilliant opportunity for students to gain work experience during temporary employment. At Heart of Worcestershire College we offer a wide range of programs, all of which have a requirement for a work placement. These placements give students the opportunity to:
- Widen their specialist, generic skills and employability skills within the organization
- Become involved in the functional work of the organization and become part of the team
- Have their ability stretched once they have gained confidence in it.
What are the benefits of being a work experience employer?
Benefits for you as a work experience employer:
- Find potential members of staff - you may talent spot an excellent future employee. You could use the placement period as a free trial period to establish if they would be appropriate to join your team.
- You may benefit by making use of the knowledge young people have in the areas of Marketing and IT and increase your understanding of current educational skills and trends in your industry
- It’s a great opportunity to introduce a fresh perspective and gain new ideas from someone who is keen to learn and contribute. Young people bring fresh and innovative ideas and skills which you may be able to utilize.
- Raises the community profile of your organisation amongst students, parents and employees
- Your present workforce can benefit by creating not only mentoring and coaching development opportunities and an opportunity to share skills and knowledge but it can boost employee motivation overall.
How can I get involved?
If you're interested in finding out more about becoming a work experience employer please contact
Industrial Placement Liaison Officer
Heart of Worcestershire College
All Saints Building, Worcester, WR1 2JF