CIPD Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management, Level 7 (Part Time)
Please note there may be additional charges within the course for textbooks, trips, registration and assignment fees.
This advanced qualification is ideal if you are looking to develop your Human Resources (HR) career to the next level, work as an independent consultant or aspire to become a Chartered Member or Fellow of the CIPD.
You will study a comprehensive advanced-level course to achieve a Level 7 qualification accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). You will study core units to develop personal, strategic and leadership skills and human resource specialist units, including employment law.
- This is a 2-year programme that is delivered through the Worcester campus via a part-time route (Year 1 – Tuesday afternoons and evenings, Year 2 – Thursday afternoons and evenings) or via our blended flexible learning option (individual and group sessions, remote learning and online materials).
- In addition, you are expected to allocate time for independent study and assignment preparation.
- The course is supported by online materials via our Virtual Learning Environment and may be supplemented by online delivery.
The delivery team is made up of academic lecturers and associates who work in the profession. Each of these have relevant teaching, subject and professional qualifications.
- Part Time £2,050 per year
- Flexible £2,500 per year
- CIPD Membership £98
- Module textbooks £38 each
New CIPD qualifications are being introduced in 2021, based on the new Profession Map. The new qualifications focus on the knowledge and behaviours required to create value and make an impact in the changing world of work and set the international standard for people professionals. We have been recently given CIPD centre approval to offer these from September 2021.
- A level 5 CIPD qualification, similar qualifications will be considered
- At least two year’s experience working in a HR or people management role
- A good standard of English. If English is not your first language, a suitable qualification e.g. IELTS
The College has a commitment to widening participation in Higher Education, and will therefore give careful consideration to prior experiential learning, non-traditional qualifications and qualifications obtained outside of the United Kingdom.
- Work and working lives in a changing business environment
- People management and development strategies for performance
- Personal effectiveness, ethics and business acumen
- Business research in people practice
- Strategic employment relations
- Resourcing and talent management to sustain success
- Strategic reward management
- Advanced employment law in practice
How will I be assessed?
- You will complete a written assignment for each unit
- This qualification is not graded, you will receive a pass or fail, with opportunity to resubmit referred work. Successful assessments will be awarded a pass, merit or distinction
What can I do next
- Upon successful completion, learners with relevant experience can apply for Chartered Membership of the CIPD.