Education and Childcare (T-Level), Level 3
Please note that the full time option for this course is predominantly aimed at 16 to 19 year olds.
However, if you’re an adult aged over 19, why not consider one of our part-time courses?
If you are keen to develop a career in education and childcare and are thinking of going to university, then this is the course for you. Our course will help you explore a range of exciting topics through
classroom study, group discussion, work placements and more. This qualification will help you turn your dream job into reality. Our course offers you the practical skills and knowledge that you need for working within the childcare and education sectors.
T-Levels are a composite technical study programme, aimed at preparing young people for work or higher education. They comprise of three components:
- An approved technical qualification
- Substantial industry placement hours with an external employer
- Incorporate English, maths and digital requirements
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C) including English and maths. Entry will be subject to a satisfactory reference and interview. DBS will be also required.
- Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Wellbeing
- Parent, Families and Carers
- Child Development
- Observation and Assessment
- English as an Additional Language
Occupational Specialism - Early Years Educator:
- Support and Promote Children’s Play, Development and Early Education
- Develop Relationships with Children to Facilitate Their Development
What can I do next
Once you have completed your Education and Childcare (T-Level), Level 3, you can progress onto higher education studies such as a HNC, HND, or degree at University.
Future possible careers following this course include (but are not limited to):
- Nursery Nurse
- Childcare Professional
- Teaching or Learning Assistant
- Children’s Centre Worker
- SEN Co-ordinator
- Family Support Worker
- Development Officer
- Child Psychologist
- Primary Teacher
- Early Years Teacher
- Youth and Community Worker