Osprey Approach Supports HoW College Students to Prepare for the Future: Pioneering T-Level qualifications to be offered from September 2021
27 May 2021
Osprey Approach is delighted to announce that it is helping young people in Worcestershire prepare for the future by working with Heart of Worcestershire College (HoW College) in developing its T-Levels, specifically its digital production design and development qualification.
T-Levels are unique qualifications, which see students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need; the remaining 20% is spent on a meaningful industry placement, where students put these skills into action. Equivalent to three A-Levels, T-Levels focus on vocational skills and are aimed at helping students into skilled employment, higher study, or apprenticeships.
James Duckhouse, Digital Curriculum Manager for HoW College, said:
“At HoW College we want to equip our young people with the skills and knowledge that will help to prepare them for the world of work. T-Levels qualifications are one of the ways we can achieve this.
“We have a long-standing relationship with Osprey Approach, and I am delighted that they have been able to provide valuable input into the course content for one of the first T-Levels we will offer from September, which focuses on digital skills – a key growth sector for the UK. We are hugely grateful for the help and guidance they have provided to HoW College as we embark on this exciting new offering for our young people.”
Craig Matthews, CEO of Malvern-based Osprey Approach, said:
“We are delighted to work with HoW College on their exciting T-Level offering. Having a range of digital skills is hugely important, particularly with so many businesses now operating remotely. It could well be that the all-important first interview with an employer takes place online, and the job itself is based on a hybrid working model, so it’s about ensuring young people are equipped for the kind of scenario.
“We know first-hand how successful placements can be, as we have our very own apprenticeship success story in Adam Buckley. Adam joined Osprey Approach as a student on a placement scheme, working part-time alongside his studies before progressing to full time employment, following the successful completion of his HoW College course.”