CIM Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing, Level 4
Please note there may be additional charges within the course for textbooks, trips, registration and assignment fees.
Prove that you have the skills and improve your prospects to compete in the demanding and dynamic world of marketing with this recognised level 4 qualification sought after by employers.
The go to for marketing executives, or equivalent, who have had experience in the industry and are looking to advance their career. This Level 4 qualification accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing provides you with the key knowledge and skills needed to perform professionally in an operational level role within the marketing department.
- The course is delivered over three modules known as awards or each award can be taken separately. Delivery is one session per week (10 weeks per award).
- Delivered on a Wednesday 18.00-21.00.
- In addition you are expected to undertake an average of 6 hours of independent study per week.
- Course entry points in September, January and April.
- The Planning Campaigns module runs September to December, Digital Marketing Techniques from January to March and Applied Marketing from April to July.
- The course is supported by online materials via our Virtual Learning Environment and may be supplemented by online delivery.
Lecturers have occupational experience in marketing as well as degree level or higher academic qualifications. In addition each will have a recognised teaching qualification.
- Annual registration fee £65
- Assessment Fees £450 (£150 per award)
2110 Applied Marketing
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the July 2021 assessments session for the Applied Marketing module of the Certificate in Professional Marketing.
2113 Digital Marketing Techniques
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the April 2021 assessments session for the Digital Marketing Techniques module of the Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing.
2103 Digital Marketing
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in both its April 2017 and April 2019 assessments session for the Digital Marketing module of the Certificate in Professional Marketing.
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the July 2018 assessments session for the Marketing module of the Certificate in Professional Marketing.
One or more of the following is required to gain entry to this qualification:
- CIM Level 3 Introductory or Foundation Certificate in Marketing qualification.
- Any relevant Level 3 qualification.
- Any UK degree or international equivalent.
- International Baccalaureate (equivalent to NQF Level 3 and above).
- Professional practice (suggested one year in a marketing role) plus diagnostic assessment on to Level 4.
- If English is not your first language, a suitable English qualification e.g. IELTS
The College has a commitment to widening participation in Higher Education, and will therefore give careful consideration to prior experiential learning, non-traditional qualifications and qualifications obtained outside of the United Kingdom.
– Applied Marketing (Mandatory Module)
In this module, you will learn about the role of marketing in the organisation and the key concepts that underpin the activities of the marketer. You will explore the marketing environment, customer behaviour in the digital age, market research and the marketing planning process. This will include the marketing mix and a tactical planning framework to aid marketing effectiveness.
– Planning Campaigns (Mandatory Module)
This module gives you the knowledge and skills to plan and implement successful campaigns that deliver real results for an organisation. You will learn the campaign planning process including how to analyse an organisation’s current
position. You will also learn how to set campaign objectives, implement a campaign, then measure and evaluate its success to aid continuous improvement in the fast-changing world of marketing.
– Digital Marketing Techniques (Centre mandated elective module)
This module focuses on the importance of the ever-evolving, dynamic digital landscape. You will develop skills to improve digital marketing performance and explore the challenges and opportunities within the digital environment.
You will also use a range of tools to plan how to enhance an organisation’s effectiveness in the digital age.
How will I be assessed?
- Applied Marketing exam
- Planning Campaigns assignment
- Digital Marketing assessment
What can I do next
You will have affiliate studying membership of the CIM whilst undertaking the qualification. After you successfully complete this course you will be eligible to apply for graded CIM membership and to complete the Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing.