CIM Foundation Certificate in Digital Marketing, Level 3
Please note there may be additional charges within the course for textbooks, trips, registration and assignment fees.
Have you got a passion for marketing? Would you like to develop your knowledge and skills to take your promotional skills to the next level?
Perfect for those new to roles that involve marketing or who aspire to work in the marketing industry. This Level 3 qualification accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing provides you with the essential knowledge and skills needed to perform professionally in a support level role within the workplace and enter the world of marketing.
Qualification can be achieved within one year.
• The course is delivered over 2 modules known as awards or each award can be taken separately. Delivered on a Thursday 18.00-20.00.
• In addition you are expected to undertake an average of 4 hours of reading/independent study per week.
• Course entry points are in September and January.
• The Marketing Principles module runs from September to December and the Digital Fundamentals from January to April.
Lecturers have occupational experience in marketing as well as degree level or higher academic qualifications. In addition each will have a recognised teaching qualification.
2010 Marketing Principles
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the December 2018 assessments session for the Marketing Principles module of the Foundation Certificate in Marketing.
• A desire to know more about marketing!
• If English is not your first language, a suitable English qualification e.g. IELTS
The College has a commitment to widening participation in Higher Education, and will therefore give careful consideration to prior experiential learning, non-traditional qualifications and qualifications obtained outside of the United Kingdom.
– Marketing Principles This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. It also gives you knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations and explores the factors that can influence consumer behaviour. You will identify key components of the marketing environment and develop an appreciation of how to collect and use relevant information. The module outlines the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and shows you how they are applied in context.
– Digital Fundamentals This module provides an introduction to the main aspects of digital marketing. On completion you will have an appreciation of the impact that digital technology has had on marketing activities and its effect on customers. You will have an understanding of the digital marketing tools available, how those tools can be used and how to develop digital marketing content. Finally, you will know how to develop digital communications campaigns and how the effectiveness of those campaigns can be measured.
How will I be assessed?
• Marketing Principles multiple-choice online exam
• Digital Fundamentals assignment
What can I do next
You will have affiliate studying membership of the CIM whilst undertaking the qualification. After you successfully complete this course you will be eligible to complete the Level 4 Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing