Prospects, Level 1
This is a one year, Level 1 Study Programme, which will look to prepare you for progression onto either an apprenticeship, employment or vocational courses. The Course will seek to develop confidence and abilities in different skillsets, which will provide you with more opportunities in the future. All students will be fully supported inside and outside of the classroom, with the addition of Personal Tutors, Learning Support Assistants and Personal Learning Coaches. This will involve general classroom support, specialist exam arrangements and welfare support to help with confidence and emotional and social needs.
The study programme will include:
• Ascents Level 1 Award or Certificate in Work Preparation
• Maths and English (Functional Skills or GCSE)
• 70 hours sector specific work experience
• Tutorial Sessions, which will help with personal development and goal setting
16-19 years of age and without 5 GCSEs at Grade 9-4 (A*- C)
An overview of modules that will be taught are:
- Responsible Work Practice
- Rights and Responsibilities in the Workplace
- Self-Management Skills
- Building Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Solving Problems in the Workplace
- Personal Development; CV Writing, Interview Skills and Presentation
- Understanding Change in the Workplace
- Recognising Prejudice and Discrimination
- English and Maths (Functional Skills or GCSE)
How will I be assessed?
Theoretical learning and practical activities will be at the heart of learning. Interactions with ‘real world’ experts will underpin the relevance of modules. Enrichment activities and career advice will be provided to help you get into a training programme, employment or vocational course within a sector of interest. As a learner, you will benefit from the extensive facilities of the college and learning will be enhanced utilising the college’s Microsoft Showcase status.
What can I do next
Successful completion of this course can lead to progression onto apprenticeships in a specific industry, employment or vocational course. During the course you will have the opportunity to meet staff from subject areas to gain more information and support to assist you in making an informed choice about what you would like to do.