CIPD Foundation Certificate in People Practice, Level 3
This qualification is ideal for any professional wanting to gain the essential knowledge and skills required to move into Human Resources (HR) or for those working in HR that do not hold a formal qualification.
You will study a comprehensive foundation-level course to achieve a level 3 qualification accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). You will understand the role of HR in organisations and how you can develop as an effective practitioner in this area.
- This course is delivered through the Worcester campus (Tuesday evenings) or the Redditch campus (Thursday afternoons).
- In addition you are expected to allocate time for independent study and assignment preparation.
- The course is supported by online materials via our Virtual Learning Environment and may be supplemented by online delivery.
The delivery team is made up of academic lecturers and associates who work in the profession. Each of these have relevant teaching, subject and professional qualifications.
- CIPD membership - £98
- Textbooks (optional) - approx £38
New CIPD qualifications are being introduced in 2021, based on the new Profession Map. The new qualifications focus on the knowledge and behaviours required to create value and make an impact in the changing world of work and set the international standard for people professionals. We have
been recently given CIPD centre approval to offer these from September 2021.
- A desire to learn about effective people practice.
- A good standard of English. If English is not your first language, a suitable qualification e.g. IELTS.
- Business, culture and change in context
This unit considers the impact of external influences and the business environment on organisations and
people. It considers the effect of people’s behaviour on organisational culture and managing change.
- Principles of analytics
This unit looks at the role of data and analytics to enhance effective decision-making. It reviews the concept of creating value through organisational approaches.
- Core behaviours for people professionals
This unit considers the importance of ethical principles and other positive ways of working. It allows reflection upon own professional knowledge, skills and experience.
- Essentials of people practice
This unit introduces the fundamentals of people practice, such as the employee lifecycle, policies, regulation and law. It explores specialist subjects like recruitment, talent management, reward and learning and development.
How will I be assessed?
- You will complete a written assignment for each unit.
- This qualification is not graded, you will receive a pass or fail, with opportunity to resubmit referred work.
What can I do next
Successful achievement will allow progression to the CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management.