CIPD Associate Diploma in People Management, Level 5
Please note there may be additional charges within the course for textbooks, trips, registration and assignment fees.
This professional qualification is ideal for anyone looking to develop their current professional knowledge and management skills.
You will study a comprehensive associate-level course to achieve a level 5 qualification accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). You will study core units to develop as an effective professional in people management and human resource (HR) specialist units, including employment law. You will understand the context of HR in business, learn about current developments in people management and develop skills that can be applied in the workplace.
- This course is delivered through the Worcester campus (Wednesday afternoon and evenings).
- In addition, you are expected to allocate time for independent study and assignment preparation.
- The course is supported by online materials via our Virtual Learning Environment and may be supplemented by online delivery.
In addition, you are expected to allocate time for independent study and assignment preparation
The delivery team is made up of academic lecturers and associates who work in the profession. Each of these have relevant teaching, subject and professional qualifications.
- £98 CIPD membership
-(Optional) textbooks approx £38
CIPD fees correct for 2020/21 but may increase for 2021/22
New CIPD qualifications are being introduced in 2021, based on the new Profession Map. The new qualifications focus on the knowledge and behaviours required to create value and make an impact in the changing world of work and set the international standard for people professionals. We are planning to offer these from September 2021. At this stage we are taking applications, but please bear in mind any offers made are subject to CIPD centre approval. More information will be available once approval is confirmed.
- A level 3 CIPD qualification, similar qualifications will be considered.
- At least one year’s experience working in a HR or people management role.
- A good standard of English. If English is not your first language, a suitable qualification e.g. IELTS.
The College has a commitment to widening participation in Higher Education, and will therefore give careful consideration to prior experiential learning, non-traditional qualifications and qualifications obtained outside of the United Kingdom.
- Organisational performance and culture
- Evidence-based practice
- Professional behaviours and valuing people
- Employment relationship management
- Talent management and workforce planning
- Reward for performance and contribution
- Specialist employment law
How will I be assessed?
- You will complete a written assignment for each unit.
- This qualification is not graded, you will receive a pass or fail, with opportunity to resubmit referred work.
What can I do next
Successful achievement will allow progression to the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management.