Digital & IT Skills: Beginners - EDSQ & Functional Skills, Level 1 (Part Time)
The Essential Digital Skills (EDSQ) is a new standard of qualification developed by The Department for Education (DfE) to enable all adults to develop their knowledge and skills to use in their personal lives, or to support them in their careers.
The outcomes of this qualification are to enable learners:
- To be confident in interacting with digital devices
- To have a secure knowledge and understanding of essential digital skills and be able to apply them in work, life and further study
- To be able to solve common technical problems
- To be able to create, edit and store digital media
- To be able to successfully share online content and communicate effectively using a digital device
- To manage online accounts and make informed choice when transacting online
- To be proficient in maintaining privacy online and protect personal information
This qualification is aimed at learners who:
- Have some experience of using digital devices and the internet but lack secure basic digital skills
- Require skills to apply for government funding and manage finances
- Require digital skills to progress in work or further study
- Require digital skills to communicate with family, friends, colleagues and peers who are at a distance
Your industry recognised qualification will be awarded by well-known and trusted awarding body Pearson. Through this course you will also receive another certification from another well-known and trusted awarding body City & Guilds. This will be a Functional Skills L1 in IT. We have offered this dual certification course to ensure you have necessary IT Skills for work and you are able to progress on to higher level qualification such as Microsoft Office Applications – Intermediate Users (Level 2).
Please note, funding is available for students that meet specific eligibility criteria. For further information please make an enquiry.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, but you should be able to read and write in English at a good level.
How will I be assessed?
All assessments are undertaken at the HoW College Digital & IT Skills Academy and will involve using a computer and the skills you have learnt throughout each unit.
What can I do next
The EDSQ is a recognised entry qualification for work in the general employment sector and is commonly a basic requirement for most employers. This covers a very wide range of jobs and career opportunities.
When you have completed Digital & IT Skills: Beginners (EDSQ Level 1). You can choose to progress onto Microsoft Office Applications: Intermediate Users - (Level 2).