Essential Digital Skills - Foundation Course, Entry Level 3
Essential Digital Skills Qualifications (EDSQs), will equip you with the skills you need make the most of your mobile phone, apps and other digital services. EDSQs are ideal for those seeking to develop digital skills to function more effectively in everyday life.
This 6-week course is delivered across 2 days per week, 9.30am – 2.30pm.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, but you should be able to read and write in English at a good level.
- Using devices and handling information: using hardware and software, searching and navigating.
- Creating and editing: using apps to enter and edit information, capturing/saving multimedia.
- Communicating: sending and receiving communications.
- Transactions: e-commerce and buying online.
- Being safe and responsible online: being safe online, protecting your data, etc.
How will I be assessed?
All assessments are undertaken at the HoW College Digital & IT Skills Academy and will involve using a computer and the skills you have learnt throughout each unit.
What can I do next
The EDSQ is a recognised entry qualification for work in the general employment sector and is commonly a basic requirement for most employers. This covers a very wide range of jobs and career opportunities.
When you have completed Digital & IT Skills: Foundations (EDSQ Entry Level 3) you can choose to progress onto Functional & Essential Digital Skills (Level 1).