Digital & IT Skills: Foundation – EDSQ, Entry Level 3 (Part Time)
The Essential Digital Skills (EDSQ) is a new standard of qualification developed by The Department for Education (DfE) to enable all adults to develop their knowledge and skills to use in their personal lives, or to support them in their careers.
The outcomes of this qualification are to enable learners:
- To develop essential digital skills necessary for work, life and further study
- To interact with digital devices and handle information appropriately
- To create, edit and store digital content
- To share content and communicate effectively using digital devices
- To develop transacting skills necessary for work and life
- To be safe, confident and responsible online
This qualification is aimed at learners who:
- Have little or no prior experience in using digital devices or the internet, who wish to gain digital skills for specific work, life or study purposes.
- Require basic skills to provide personal information to government agencies and utility companies.
- Would like to have a digital presence and communicate with family, friends, peers and colleagues who live at a distance.
Your industry recognised qualification will be awarded by the well-known and trusted awarding body, Pearson.
Please note, funding is available for students that meet specific eligibility criteria. For further information please make an enquiry.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, but you should be able to read and write in English at a good level.
How will I be assessed?
All assessments are undertaken at the HoW College Digital & IT Skills Academy and will involve using a computer and the skills you have learnt throughout each unit.
What can I do next
The EDSQ is a recognised entry qualification for work in the general employment sector and is commonly a basic requirement for most employers. This covers a very wide range of jobs and career opportunities.
When you have completed Digital & IT Skills: Foundations (EDSQ Entry Level 3) you can choose to progress onto Digital & IT Skills: Beginners (EDSQ Level 1).