IT Solutions Technician Apprenticeship, Level 3
IT Solutions Technicians develop, implement and maintain complete IT solutions, including their hardware infrastructure (such as servers and networks) and software (such as operating systems, middleware and applications). They work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
An IT Solutions Technician applies a professional methodology or framework to gather and analyse requirements; to design, develop, test, and implement IT solutions and to provide ongoing support both directly to end users and for the underlying IT services. The specific tasks undertaken vary depending on what needs to be achieved by the team at any particular time. Some tasks may be very technical, others may be more analytical, business or user focused.
The apprentice will develop specific knowledge, skills and behaviours on their apprenticeship journey, culminating in an End Point Assessment.
- Applying a professional methodology or framework in their work tasks.
- Executing appropriate due diligence, including formal testing or validation
- Applying a range of technical IT skills
- Identifying appropriate technical solutions using both logical and creative thinking.
- Diagnosing and understanding client requirements and problems using sound analytical and problem-solving skills
Maths and English GCSE or Functional Skills at Level 2 are desirable upon entry, however Functional Skills will be delivered on programme and must be obtained prior to EPA
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will take place via an End Point Assessment (EPA)