AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping, Level 2
This is a stand alone qualification, or can be used as the starting point for the full level 2 qualification. The Heart of Worcestershire College pass rates for this course are currently above
the national average for AAT.
This course is being delivered on the AQ2016 syllabus.
The AAT Certificate in Bookkeeping is a short qualification to help student develop essential bookkeeping skills. Once completed. they will have developed an understand of basic accounting practices and techniques including double-entry bookkeeping.
This qualification is made up of the following learning areas:
- Principles and procedures related to processing business transaction, financial documents and payment for customers and supplier
- Maintenance and reconciliation of a cash book by accurately entering receipts and payment, balancing off the book and reconciling with bank statement
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK banking system and related organisational activities
- Petty cash transactions and the importance of the Journal as a primary accounting record
- Maintaining control over debtor and creditors, aided by preparation and use of debtor and creditor control accounts
- Non- standard bookkeeping transaction and double entry bookkeeping record
- Develop skills in processing ledger transactions and preparing an initial balance
This course is delivered in Worcester on Tuesdays 10.00am - 4.15pm or Tuesday and Wednesday evenings 6.00 - 8.45pm and in Bromsgrove on Wednesdays 9.30 - 3.45pm.
Our AAT delivery team between them have many years of both Accountancy teaching and commercial accounting experience, in both local and international companies. Professionally qualified in CIMA, ACCA, AAT and at MBA level, our tutors also use their knowledge broadly, for example, as professional accounting authors and supporting Apprenticeship students in the workplace. Our aim is to use our experience and knowledge to support every student to achieve their learning aim and we are very proud of our continued high pass rate at every Level
You must have a grade C in both GCSE English and maths.
- Bookkeeping Transaction
- Bookkeeping Controls
How will I be assessed?
Computer based exams for all modules.
What can I do next
Upon successful completion you will be able to progress to complete the full AAT
Foundation Certificate in Accounting, Level 2.