Prove that you have the skills and improve your prospects to compete in the demanding and
dynamic world of marketing with this recognised level 4 qualification sought after by employers.
The aim of the CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing is to provide you, as a practising marketer, with relevant, contemporary marketing knowledge to equip you for the current global landscape. Successful completion of this marketing qualification will establish the knowledge, skills and understanding to be able to succeed at an operational level and to perform an essential and successful professional marketing role within the workplace. You will need to successfully complete three units/awards to achieve this qualification, usually in one year.
• Course is delivered over 3 modules known as awards or each award can be taken separately. Delivery for either is one session per week over 10-12 weeks per award.
• Worcester delivered on a Wednesday 18.00-21.00, Redditch on a Thursday 18.00-21.00 and Bromsgrove on a Tuesday 18.00-21.00.
• In addition you are expected to undertake an average of 3 hours of independant study per week.
• Course entry points in September, January and April.
Lectures have occupational experience in marketing as well as degree level or higher
accademic qualifications. In addition each will have a recognised teaching qualification.
One or more of the following is required to gain entry to this qualification:
• CIM Level 3 Introductory or Foundation Certificate in Marketing qualification.
• Any relevant Level 3 qualification.
• Any UK degree or international equivalent.
• International Baccalaureate (equivalent to NQF Level 3 and above).
• Professional practice (suggested one year in a marketing role) plus diagnostic assessment on to Level 4.
• If English is not your first language, a suitable English qualification e.g. IELTS
How will I be assessed?
• Marketing exam
• Integrated Communications work-based assignment
• Digital Marketing portfolio assessment
What can I do next
After successfully completing this course you will achieve Associate Membership of the CIM and will be eligible to complete the level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing.
This module is about recognising the importance of marketing’s role in driving success and delivering results. It provides the knowledge and understanding of the function of marketing within the organisation and demonstrates how an appreciation of customer behaviour can enable effective targeting. It outlines an understanding of how external environmental influences affect planning and how information enables decision making, and the elements of the marketing mix and how these are applied to address market and customer needs.
This module aims to enable understanding of the importance of effective internal
and external communications in building sustainable relationships and delivering
customer value. It provides the opportunity to recognise the importance of
communications planning in delivering marketing solutions. It explains how the
concept of product and brand management can enable organisations to deliver
customer value. It outlines the components of the marketing communications mix
and enables understanding of integrated marketing communications (IMC) planning.
This module is about appreciating the importance of the ever-evolving digital landscape and understanding how to develop skills to improve digital marketing effectiveness. It provides awareness of the nature of the challenges and opportunities within the digital environment and outlines
the skills and tools required to support and enhance marketing activities. It identifies the importance of effective monitoring and measurement techniques that enable organisations to improve digital marketing performance.