CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing, Level 3
Have you got a passion for marketing? Would you like to take your promotional skills to the next level?
The Foundation Certificate in Marketing is ideal if you are already in a job which involves marketing or want to find out more about the subject with a view to entering the profession. The qualification is designed to equip you with the skills, knowledge and understanding to perform professionally in a support level marketing role. You will need to successfully complete two units/awards to achieve this qualification.
• The course is delivered over 2 modules known as awards or each award can be taken separately. Delivery for either is one session per week on a Thursday 18.00-20.00 over 10-12 weeks per award.
• In addition you are expected to undertake an average of 2 hours of independent study per week.
• Course entry points are in September and January.
• The Marketing Principles module runs from September to December and the Digital Essentials from January to March.
Lecturers have occupational experience in marketing as well as degree level or higher academic qualifications. In addition each will have a recognised teaching qualification.
2010 Marketing Principles
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the December 2018 assessments session for the Marketing Principles module of the Foundation Certificate in Marketing.
• A desire to know more about marketing!
• If English is not your first language, a suitable English qualification e.g. IELTS
The College has a commitment to widening participation in Higher Education, and will therefore give careful consideration to prior experiential learning, non-traditional qualifications and qualifications obtained outside of the United Kingdom.
This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. It also gives you knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations and explores the factors that can influence consumer behaviour. You will identify key components of the marketing environment and develop an appreciation of how to collect and use relevant information. The module outlines the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and shows you how they are applied in context.
This module provides you with an understanding of what is meant by digital marketing and the key communication tools used. It outlines the key factors that influence the digital consumer including social networks and virtual communities. It identifies the importance of developing campaign content aimed at specific market segments and how campaigns can be measured.
How will I be assessed?
• Marketing Principles exam
• Customer Communications assignment
What can I do next
You will have affiliate studying membership of the CIM whilst undertaking the qualification. After you successfully complete this course you will be eligible to complete the Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing.