Have you got a passion for marketing? Would you like to take your promotional skills to the next level?
The Foundation Certificate in Marketing is ideal if you are already in a job which involves marketing or want to find out more about the subject with a view to entering the profession. The qualification is designed to equip you with the skills, knowledge and understanding to perform professionally in a support level marketing role. You will need to successfully complete two units/awards to achieve this qualification.
• Course is delivered over 2 modules known as awards or each award can be taken separately. Delivery for either is one session per week over 10-12 weeks per award.
• Worcester delivered on a Thursday 18.00-20.00, Redditch on a Tuesday 18.00-20.00 and Bromsgrove on a Wednesday 18.00-20.00.
• In addition you are expected to undertake an average of 2 hours of independent study per week.
Lecturers have occupational experience in marketing as well as degree level or higher academic qualifications. In addition each will have a recognised teaching qualification.
• A desire to know more about marketing!
• If English is not your first language, a suitable English qualification e.g. IELTS
The College has a commitment to widening participation in Higher Education, and will therefore give careful consideration to prior experiential learning, non-traditional qualifications and qualifications obtained outside of the United Kingdom.
How will I be assessed?
• Marketing Principles exam
• Customer Communications assignment
What can I do next
After successfully completing this course you will achieve Associate Membership of the CIM and will be eligible to complete the level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing.
This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. It also gives you a knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations and explores the factors that can influence consumer behaviour. You will identify key components of the marketing environment and develop an appreciation of how to collect and use relevant information. The module outlines the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and shows you how they are applied in context.
This module provides an understanding of how marketing communications can be used in practice to engage with customers. It enables appreciation of the customer and considers the importance of the nature of relationships and how they are managed and monitored. You will gain knowledge and understanding of the purpose and process of marketing communications, and the range of tools available. You will also explore how to develop a successful marketing communications campaign and learn how the campaign can be put into practice.