CARE (Adult, Children & Young People)
The course is an excellent introduction to Health & Social Care with the emphasis on Adults, Young People & Children.
Following on from this you will be able to specialise in either Health, Social Care & Early Years.
16-18 years of age and without 5 GCSEs at Grade 9-4
BTEC L1 Certificate in Health & Social Care
• Communication Skills for Health & Social Care
• Visiting a Health & Social Care setting
• Providing a creative activity when caring for people
BTEC Level 1 Introductory Award in Vocational Studies
• Supporting children’s learning through every day experiences
• Advising others about Healthy Lifestyles
English & maths
Work Experience – 70 hours
How will I be assessed?
You will complete a portfolio of work and also be assessed during classroom and work placement learning activities. You will also undertake a final summative assessment in English and / or mathematics.
What can I do next
After successful completion of the course you will be able to progress onto either the Level 2 Certificate in Children’s Play, Learning & Development or the Level 2 Certificate in Health & Social Care.