Why Choose an Apprenticeship?
Here at HoW College we have a dedicated apprenticeships department called Solutions. If you’re interested in employing an apprentice our team will work with you every step of the way: advertising vacancies, recruiting candidates, conducting pre-screening interviews and sending you the most suitable people for your vacancy.
What is an apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship combines practical training in a real job with study. They can provide the skills you need for your business while giving the individual a chance to achieve nationally recognised qualifications.
Apprenticeships are real jobs for real people in real businesses.
Why hire an apprentice?
Apprentices are a proven way to train your workforce and directly address skills gaps; they will make you more efficient, productive and competitive. Over 130,000 companies offer apprenticeship places because they understand the benefits apprentices bring to their businesses. These benefits include:
Giving your team new skills and energy: 96% of apprentice employers say they are beneficial to their business.
Developing new recruits to meet your needs: 82% of employers take on apprentices to build the skills capacity within their businesses.
Bringing flexibility for existing employees: Free up your existing workforce so they can do what they do best.
Growing your team while keeping staff costs down: The average apprenticeship completer increases business productivity by £214 per week.* (Source: National Apprenticeship Service ‘Employer Guide to Apprenticeships)
How can Solutions help you?
We provide a free Apprenticeship Recruitment and Vacancy Matching Service!
- You define the role and wage (subject to minimum wage regulations)
- We pre-screen and interview the candidates, shortlisting them for you.
- You interview those candidates.
- You employ the successful candidate as an Apprentice.
- We help organise the associated government-funded training.
- We help you apply for any additional grants where they are available.
- You and the College work together to mentor and train the Apprentice, supporting you throughout the programme.