CIM Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing, Level 6
Please note there may be additional charges within the course for textbooks, trips, registration and assignment fees.
Develop your ability to perform, achieve results and strengthen your career in marketing management with this recognized level 6 qualification that will expand your strategic outlook.
For marketing managers and marketers working in operational and supervisory roles, who are looking to progress their strategic and management skills. This Level 6 qualification accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing develops your strategic marketing skills enabling you to advance your marketing career and perform professionally at a management level.
- The course is delivered over three modules known as awards or each award can
be taken separately. Delivery is one session per week (approximately 10 weeks
- This course is delivered in Worcester on a Tuesday 18.00-21.00.
- In addition you are expected to undertake an average of 6 hours of independent study/reading per week.
- Course entry points in September, January and April.
- The Digital Customer Experience module runs from September to December, Innovation in The Marketing and Digital Strategy module runs September to December,
- Digital Customer Experience from January to March and Digital Optimisation from April to July.
Lecturers have occupational experience in marketing as well as degree level or higher
academic qualifications. In addition each will have a recognised teaching qualification.
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the April 2017 assessments session for the Driving Innovation module of the Diploma in Professional Marketing.
2201 Mastering Metrics
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the December 2018 assessments session for the Mastering Metrics module of the Diploma in Professional Marketing.
2200 Strategic Marketing
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the July 2019 assessments session for the Strategic Marketing module of the Diploma in Professional Marketing.
One or more of the following is required:
- CIM Level 4 Professional Certificate in Marketing or CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing (syllabus 2014)
- Any relevant Level 4 qualification
- Foundation Degree in Business with Marketing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognised university, with at least one third of credits coming from marketing content (i.e. 120 credits in Bachelor’s degrees or 60 credits in Master’s degrees)
- Professional practice (suggested two years marketing in an operational role) plus diagnostic
assessment on to Level 6
- If English is not your first language, a suitable English qualification e.g. IELTS.
- The CIM will consider any other equivalent alternatives.
The College has a commitment to widening participation in Higher Education, and will therefore give careful consideration to prior experiential learning, non-traditional qualifications and qualifications obtained outside of the United Kingdom.
– Marketing and Digital Strategy (Mandatory module)
This module will enable you to take both a traditional and digital strategic approach to marketing planning, integrating digital strategy, models, frameworks and techniques throughout to achieve competitive advantage. You will be able to recognise the significance of situation analysis and use techniques that enable effective decision making and be able to apply all stages within the marketing planning process. Finally, you will learn how to manage resources and employ monitoring and measurement techniques that enable the achievement of strategic marketing objectives.
– Digital Optimisation
For many organisations, adopting digital marketing has involved transforming aspects of their practice and application. This module will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the strategic implications of developments in the digital environment, as well as their impact on marketing. This will enable you to integrate and optimise digital marketing as well as develop strategic responses to change. You will also be able to ensure responses are measured to evidence success.
- Digital Customer Experience (Centre mandated elective module)
Customer behaviour has dramatically changed with the digital revolution. This module provides you with insights into the digital customer experience and highlights ways to adapt to this changing
market, allowing you to fulfil customer needs. It will provide the knowledge and skills to select appropriate channels to market to meet objectives. It will also help to ensure you provide the desired customer experience, by understanding
How will I be assessed?
- Marketing and Digital Strategy Assignment
- Innovation in Marketing Assignment
- Digital Customer Experience Assignment
What can I do next
You will have affiliate studying membership of the CIM whilst undertaking the qualification. After you successfully complete this course with sufficient experience you will be eligible to apply for graded CIM membership and be invited to attend our Graduation ceremony.