Creative Writing - Character Development (Online)
This course is perfect for people interested in fiction writing, specifically developing characters and their stories.
Class will take place in the form of one live 2 hour session per week over 4 weeks, with additional exercises to be completed in your own time between lessons to be posted on a group share page. Class will be delivered online via Teams, and a college log in will be created for you along with support to access teams.
For this course you will need:
- Internet access
- A device with a webcam and microphone
- Note book and pen
A good standard of English, passion and enthusiasm!
Over the 4 weeks we will:
· Develop the characters you want to write about
· How to write what your characters would actually say
· Look at key elements of story structure
· Develop a writing habit which will improve the quality of your work
· Character Arc and Change
· Receive constructive targeted feedback from your online tutor
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next
Another creative online course would be a perfect next step, or a face to face creative writing course once the College has re-opened. You could also apply for an accredited course or submit your work for publication.