Adult Recreational - An Introduction to Crochet (Online)
Crochet is a fabulous hobby, which you can do anywhere. The possibilities of items that you can crochet are endless This 4 week course will teach you how to use the crochet hook, create the basic stitches and how to create a granny square.
This class will be delivered both online and you will continue to develop your skills at home. It is a great, low cost activity which can be easily undertaken anywhere, with little equipment. This course will be delivered by a textile specialist artist and tutor who has 25 years experience as a textile designer and artist.
What you will need:
- You need a size 6 crochet hook
- A ball of double knit yarn (this is the size you may consider standard if you think of a ‘ball of wool’)
- Acrylic yarn is cheap and perfect for any crochet project.
- You may want to buy 2 or three different colours of yarn to make your samples and granny squares extra exciting.
1. Introduction to crochet, how to create a slip stitch, chain and single crochet.
2. Double crochet stitch
3. Treble crochet stitch
4. Create a ring. Create a granny square