Creative Writing (Online)
Express yourself with our new Creative Writing Online course, all from the comfort of your own home. Within this course you will learn ways to release your creativity, create characters, imagine new realities and find your own story.
The course will take place over 4 sessions across 4 weeks. Access to the internet and an electronic device (computer, tablet, smart phone etc.) is necessary.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course other than a good standard of English.
Session 1: Releasing your Creativity
- A series of first response trigger exercises to awaken the imagination
- Discussion of the pleasures and benefits of writing, importance of habit and an writers notebook
- Look into different ways of writing creatively
- Task: to develop a short creative piece over the coming week
Session 2: Imagined Worlds
- Exploration of emotion
- Igniting your passion through words, images and guided meditation
- How to feed your imagination and improve your writing by connecting with different art forms
- Short exercises for sharpening your powers of observation
Session 3: Creating Characters
- Discovering character archetypes and how to hook your reader from start to finish
- Step-by-step guide to creating vibrant and unique characters
- Choosing who to write about
Session 4: Finding Your Story
- Look into story structure
- How to craft your plot
- Use the characters and and worlds created from previous weeks to discover what will be at the core of the story you wish to tell