CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Level 4
Please note there may be additional charges within the course for textbooks, trips, registration and assignment fees.
This course is aimed at those who would like to achieve the required qualification to work as a Counsellor initially within an agency setting but with experience and/or further qualifications move towards working in private practice.
The main course tutor has five years experience teaching counselling courses as well as many years as a Counsellor.
This course will be delivered on a Monday 9:30am-5pm for two years.
You must have achieved both CPCAB’s Level 2 and Level 3 Counselling qualifications or equivalents.
Throughout this course you will study the below topics:
- Working within an ethical framework.
- Working within a counselling relationship.
- Working with client diversity in counselling work.
- Working within a user-centred agreement for counselling work.
- Working with self-awareness in the counselling process.
- Working within a coherent framework of counselling theory and skills.
- Working self reflectively as a Counsellor.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will take place through written work, observations in skills practice sessions, presentations and reports provided by external agencies.
What can I do next
If you want to take your skills to the next level, you will want to take either the CPCAB Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling,Level 5 or CPCAB in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory, Level 5.