Level 3 Extended Diploma in Event Management & eSports
Esports is organised competitive gaming, which is human versus human, either as individuals or in teams. The esports industry is a fast-growing global industry. In February 2019, Newzoo published its 2019 Global Esports Market Report. This stated that, in 2018, the global esports market was valued at U.S. $655 million. This rose to nearly U.S. $865 million in 2019 and is projected to reach U.S. $1.79 billion in 2022.
Our L3 Extended Diploma in Esports has been developed to meet this upcoming demand for skills in esports. It includes a breadth of transferable skills that enable learners to experience different areas of esports to aid their progression to employment, Esports offers a unique opportunity to study a sector that crosses over multiple subject areas such as marketing, enterprise, creative media.
The course is a blend of business and media and will include arranging an Esports competition, creating and branding a team and even producing videos and live-streams for broadcast.
Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above. Those who have not achieved grade 4 or above in GCSE English & Maths will be required to study these qualifications as part of their study programme.
- Health, Well being and Fitness for Esports
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the Esports Industry
- Games Design
- Producing an Esports Brand
- Business Applications of Esports in Social Media
- Video Production
- Ethical and Current Issues in Esports
- Epsorts Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Esports Events
- Launching You Esports Enterprise
- Corporate Social Responsibility in Sport
- Psychology for Esports Performance
- Live-Streamed Broadcasting
- Sports and Esports Law and Legistlation
How will I be assessed?
The qualification is 100% coursework based and will be graded through a series of internal assignments and projects, including written reports, digital portfolios, presentations and interactive practical work.
What can I do next
Successful students can progress on to our tailor-made Foundation Degree in Interactive Media & Games Development in partnership with University of Wolverhampton.