MTA in Networking Fundamentals, Level 3
This course is designed to give those embarking on a career in the IT industry a basic understanding of the concept of networking.
This course is face-to-face instructor led tuition, and is delivered by a qualified teacher with occupational experience in the IT sector.
Students will be provided with copies of all training materials. To help prepare you for your exam, over 200 practice exam questions and flashcards covering content will be delivered during the sessions. The final exam entry is also FREE.
- DELIVERY INFORMATION -
This 8-week course is taught over weekly 3 hour sessions, every Thursday for 7 weeks in a classroom setting. You will then take the MTA in the final session (Week 8).
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Understanding Local Area Networking
- Defining Networks with the OSI Model
- Understanding Wired and Wireless Networks
- Understanding Internet Protocol
- Implementing TCP/IP in the Command Line
- Working with Networking Services
- Understanding Wide Area Networks
- Defining Network Infrastructures and Network Security
How will I be assessed?
This course will be exam based, with the final exam being taken in the final session (Week 8).
What can I do next
The MTA supports working in an IT role, with the potential to embark upon a Level 3 Digital Apprenticeship.