Higher Education Finance

Tuition Fees

Higher Education tuition fee loans available through Student Finance England. You can find out more here and you can apply for student loans here.

To view a summary of HoW College's Tuition Fees please click here

Higher Education Access to Learning Fund

HE-ALF application forms are available from the Advice Centre at the start of July.

Please Note: the HE-ALF is not available to students studying with us on a franchised basis, (you may be eligible for extra support via your parent institution). 

This hardship fund assists higher education students with specific needs. Funds are awarded on a discretionary and case-by-case basis. To be eligible for support you must be on an HNC, HND, Foundation Degree or Degree course on a non-franchised and non-sponsored basis and have accessed all of the available funds via Student Finance England. 

Part-time students may be able to get help towards childcare costs for hours associated with their course. (Full time HE learners should access the childcare provision available from Student Finance England - see www.gov.uk/childcare-grant for details).

Visit  The Student Room for more information on HE financial support.


Disabled Students' Allowance

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability, including

  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty, eg dyslexia

The support you get depends on your individual needs and not on income.


If eligible you could get help with;

  • specialist equipment, for example a computer if you need one because of your disability
  • non-medical helpers
  • extra travel because of your disability
  • other disability-related costs of studying

For more information and to apply please visit GOV.UK

Boost Awards