Coaching and Development - An Introduction
Coaching is an interactive process that helps other people improve, learn something new or move on to the next level. Coaching is beneficial for the motivation for individual employees but coaching also has organisational benefits as it helps reinforce business practices, which includes; maintaining levels of customer satisfaction, improving productivity and quality. A one day workshop will cover the following topics:
• What is mentoring? What is coaching?
• Analysis of the similarities and differences between coaching and mentoring
• Discussion about the benefits of programmes to the individual/the organisation
• The skills and qualities which are required for the mentor and the coach
• The introduction of mentoring and coaching models
• The GROW model for coaching
• Analysis of own/organisation’s readiness to begin mentoring/coaching
• Formulation of an action plan
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next
Take a look at other courses in the Solutions Professional Short Course series or perhaps consider studying an accredited professional qualification with our Higher Education Institute