Business Improvement Techniques - Level 2 Diploma (NVQ)
National Vocational Qualifications are one of the most popular qualifications within industry as they are delivered during working hours and demonstrate competency within a job role. These qualifications are based on national occupational standards, which are statements of performance that describe what competent people in a particular occupation are expected to be able to do. They cover all the main aspect of a specified occupation, including current best practice and are ideal for addressing skills gaps as well as identifying competence.
To achieve the full qualification, candidates must attain a minimum of 56 credits in total, comprising all the mandatory units and the remaining credits will be achieved by selecting 1 optional unit.
The Learning and Skills Development Officer will provide support and guidance in selecting the appropriate units.
• Complying with statutory regulations and organizational safety requirements
• Contributing to effective team working
• Contributing to the application of workplace organisation techniques
• Contributing to the application of continuous improvement techniques (Kaizen)
• Contributing to the development of visual management systems
• Contributing to the analysis and selection of parts for improvement
• Contributing to carrying out lead time analysis
• Carrying out set-up reduction techniques
• Carrying out autonomous maintenance
• Applying problem solving techniques
• Contributing to the application of problem solving techniques
• Carrying out flow process analysis
• Contributing to the creation of standard operating procedures (SOP)
To be working a minimum of 10 hours per week in a appropriate vocational role which will enable you to gather the evidence for your qualification
How will I be assessed?
Assessment for this qualification will be via direct observation in the working environment. Knowledge will also be assessed via assignments or a portfolio of evidence. Some of the evidence used in portfolios will include; witness testimonies, professional discussion and the learners' own plans and written records.
What can I do next
Upon completing this qualification a review will take place with yourself and your employer to discuss progression opportunties which may lead to further study.