National Vocational Qualifications are one of the most popular qualifications within industry as they are delivered during working hours and demonstrate competency within a job role. These qualifications are based on national occupational standards, which are statements of performance that describe what competent people in a particular occupation are expected to be able to do. They cover all the main aspect of a specified occupation, including current best practice and are ideal for addressing skills gaps as well as identifying competence.
To achieve the full qualification, candidates must attain a minimum of 26 credits in total, comprising all the mandatory units and the remaining credits will be achieved by selecting the following optional units; a minimum of 2 units from group A, a minimum of 1 units from group B, a minimum of 2 units from group C and 1 unit from Group D.
The Learning and Skills Development Officer will provide support and guidance in selecting the appropriate units.
• Health, Safety and Security at work
• Develop effective working relationships with colleagues in logistics operations
Optional units (Group A)
• Process orders for customers in logistic operations
• Assemble orders for dispatch in logistic operations
• Pick goods in logistic operations
• Place goods in storage in logistic operations
• Wrap and pack goods in logistics operations
Optional Units (Group B)
• Keep work areas clean in logistics operations
• Maintain hygiene standards in handling and storing goods in logistics operations
• Maintain the cleanliness of equipment in logistics operations
Optional units (Group C)
• Use equipment to move goods in logistics operations
• Moving and/or handling goods in logistics operations
• Use a forklift side-loader in logistics operations
• Use a compact crane in logistic operations
• Use an industrial forklift truck in logistic operations
• Use a hoist in logistic operations
Optional Units (Group D)
• Check stock levels and stock records
• Keep stock at required levels in logistic operation
Optional Units (Group E)
• Operate equipment to perform work requirements in logistics operation
• Maintain the safety and security of hazardous goods and materials in logistics operations
• Receive goods in logistics operations
• Process returned goods in logistics operations
• Sort goods and materials for recycling or disposal in logistics operations
• Supervise the receipt, storage or dispatch of goods
• Principles of food safety in logistics
To be working a minimum of 10 hours per week in a appropriate vocational role which will enable you to gather the evidence for your qualification.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment for this qualification will be via direct observation in the working environment. Knowledge will also be assessed via assignments or a portfolio of evidence. Some of the evidence used in portfolios will include; witness testimonies, professional discussion and the learners' own plans and written records.
What can I do next
Upon completing this qualification a review will take place with yourself and your employer to discuss progression opportunties which may lead to further study.
Qualifications / Level