Develop your ability to perform, achieve results and strengthen your career in marketing management with this recognized level 6 qualification that will expand your strategic outlook.
The aim of this Level 6 qualification is to provide you, as a practicing marketer, with relevant, contemporary marketing content to equip you for the current global landscape. Successful completion of the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing will give you the knowledge, skills and understanding to perform at a management level and to carry out an essential and successful professional marketing role within the workplace. You will need to successfully complete three units/awards to achieve this qualification, usually in one year.
2200 Strategic Marketing
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the July 2017 assessments session for the Strategic Marketing module of the Diploma in Professional Marketing.
• Course is delivered over 3 modules known as awards or each award can be taken
separately. Delivery for either is one session per week over 10-12 weeks per award.
• Worcester delivered on a Tuesday 18.00-21.00, Redditch on a Wednesday 18.00-21.00 and Bromsgrove on a Thursday 18.00-21.00.
• In addition you are expected to undertake an average of 4 hours of independent study per week.
• Course entry points in September, January and April.
Lecturers have occupational experience in marketing as well as degree level or higher
academic qualifications. In addition each will have a recognised teaching qualification.
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the April 2017 assessments session for the Driving Innovation module of the Diploma in Professional Marketing.
2201 Mastering Metrics
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Heart of Worcestershire College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the December 2017 assessments session for the Mastering Metrics module of the Diploma in Professional Marketing.
One or more of the following is required to gain entry to this qualification:
• CIM Level 4 Professional Certificate in Marketing or CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing (syllabus 2014).
• Any relevant Level 4 qualification.
• Foundation Degree in Business with Marketing.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognised university, with at least one third of credits coming from marketing content (i.e. 120 credits in Bachelor’s degrees or 60 credits in Master’s degrees)
• Professional practice (suggested two years marketing in an operational role) plus diagnostic assessment on to Level 6.
• If English is not your first language, a suitable English qualification e.g. IELTS
• The CIM will consider any other equivalent alternatives
The College has a commitment to widening participation in Higher Education, and will therefore give careful consideration to prior experiential learning, non-traditional qualifications and qualifications obtained outside of the United Kingdom.
How will I be assessed?
• Strategic Marketing exam
• Mastering Metrics work-based assignment
• Driving Innovation work-based assignment
What can I do next
After successfully completing this course with sufficient experience be eligible to apply for full CIM membership.
Strategic Marketing (Mandatory module)
This module recognises the significance of situation analysis and introduces techniques for assessing external and internal environments to enable effective decision making. It outlines the importance of all stages within the marketing planning process, from audit, through strategic decision making, to implementation of plans; and how managing resources, employing monitoring and measurement techniques enable the achievement of strategic marketing objectives.
Mastering Metrics (Mandatory module)
This module examines the role of marketing metrics and establishes how an understanding of a range of measurement techniques can enable organisations to achieve marketing insights and strategic decision making. It provides an appreciation of how these techniques, aligned to business objectives, can establish and determine marketing effectiveness. It outlines the value of using appropriate data sources to enable analysis, and employing appropriate analytic tools and techniques to ensure effective marketing decision making.
Driving Innovation (Centre mandated elective module)
This module outlines the importance of how taking a visionary approach and embedding innovation, can help organisations deal with the challenges of a fast-moving marketplace. It focuses on how an understanding of the relationship between marketing and entrepreneurship can enable organisations to deliver compelling marketing solutions. It presents the key factors in building and nurturing innovation throughout the organization and within the marketing function. It provides an appreciation of the role of internal marketing in supporting a culture of innovation and in implementing change programmes.