Develop your ability to perform, achieve results and strengthen your career in marketing management with this recognized level 6 qualification that will expand your strategic outlook.
The aim of this Level 6 qualification is to provide you, as a practising marketer, with relevant, contemporary marketing content to equip you for the current global landscape. Successful completion of the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing will give you the knowledge, skills and understanding to perform at a management level and to carry out an essential and successful professional marketing role within the workplace. You will need to successfully complete three units/awards to achieve this qualification, usually in one year.
• Course is delivered over 3 modules known as awards or each award can be taken
separately. Delivery for either is one session per week over 10-12 weeks per award.
• Worcester delivered on a Tuesday 18.00-21.00, Redditch on a Wednesday 18.00-21.00 and Bromsgrove on a Thursday 18.00-21.00.
• In addition you are expected to undertake an average of 4 hours of independant study per week.
• Course entry points in September, January and April.
Lectures have occupational experience in marketing as well as degree level or higher
accademic qualifications. In addition each will have a recognised teaching qualification.
One or more of the following is required to gain entry to this qualification:
• CIM Level 4 Professional Certificate in Marketing or CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing (syllabus 2014).
• Any relevant Level 4 qualification.
• Foundation Degree in Business with Marketing.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognised university, with at least one third of credits coming from marketing content (i.e. 120 credits in Bachelor’s degrees or 60 credits in Master’s degrees)
• Professional practice (suggested two years marketing in an operational role) plus diagnostic assessment on to Level 6.
• If English is not your first language, a suitable English qualification e.g. IELTS
• The CIM will consider any other equivalent alternatives
How will I be assessed?
• Strategic Marketing exam
• Mastering Metrics work-based assignment
• Driving Innovation work-based assignment
What can I do next
After successfully completing this course with sufficient experience be eligible to apply for full CIM membership.
Strategic Marketing (Mandatory module)
This module recognises the significance of situation analysis and introduces techniques for assessing external and internal environments to enable effective decision making. It outlines the importance of all stages within the marketing planning process, from audit, through strategic decision making, to implementation of plans; and how managing resources, employing monitoring and measurement techniques enable the achievement of strategic marketing objectives.
Mastering Metrics (Mandatory module)
This module examines the role of marketing metrics and establishes how an understanding of a range of measurement techniques can enable organisations to achieve marketing insights and strategic decision making. It provides an appreciation of how these techniques, aligned to business objectives, can establish and determine marketing effectiveness. It outlines the value of using appropriate data sources to enable analysis, and employing appropriate analytic tools and techniques to ensure effective marketing decision making.
Driving Innovation (Centre mandated elective module)
This module outlines the importance of how taking a visionary approach and embedding innovation, can help organisations deal with the challenges of a fast-moving marketplace. It focuses on how an understanding of the relationship between marketing and entrepreneurship can enable organisations to deliver compelling marketing solutions. It presents the key factors in building and nurturing innovation throughout the organization and within the marketing function. It provides an appreciation of the role of internal marketing in supporting a culture of innovation and in implementing change programmes.