CMI Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership, Level 3
These programmes build upon your work place experience to give you the skills and knowledge to become an effective first line manager.
These qualifications are designed for those who are or who aspire to be supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity; this qualification gives junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
One taught session per week, Tuesdays 18.00 - 21.00, culminating in a written assignment for each module. In addition three hours per week personal study will be required.
Lecturers have occupational experience in areas of management and leadership as well as degree level or higher academic qualifications. In addition, each will have a recognised teaching qualification.
Additional information for this course, including module outlines can be found on the CMI website (managers.org.uk).
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
You will study all modules, a minimum of 370 Total Unit Time (TUT) hours is required to achieve the Diploma:
– Principles of Management and Leadership (68 TUT)
– Managing a Team to Achieve Results (53 TUT)
– Building Stakeholder Relationships using Effective Communication (40 TUT)
– Contributing to the Delivery of a Project (55 TUT)
– Managing Daily Activities to Achieve Results (40 TUT)
– Managing Budgets and Resources (50 TUT)
– Managing Data and Information (45 TUT)
– Managing Own Personal and Professional Development (45 TUT)
How will I be assessed?
Written assignment for each module, feedback will be provided to assist with your development and future submissions.
What can I do next
On completion of this course you will be eligible to study for the CMI Level 5 qualification and can apply for Associate Membership of the CMI. Further information can be obtained from the CMI website. You are also able to apply for the HND in Business Management. See www.howcollege.ac.uk for more details.